BGS - Beta Gamma Sigma - The International Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
On Sunday, April 13th 2008, the first BGS Israeli Chapter of the International BGS Society was inaugurated by as The Recanati Alumni Association's VIP section.
Today heading the chapter are Dean Prof. Moshe Zviran as the Chapter's President, and the Business School's Director of the Alumni Association, Mr. Uri Stossel, as the Chapter's Director.
The Recanati BGS Chapter is the 3rd BGS Chapter established in the Middle East. Other regional BGS Chapters are held in the UAE and by the American University in Cairo.
When established, the Recanati chapter was the 29th BGS Chapter operating outside the U.S. Currently, the BGS Society keeps outside of the U.S.:
- 8 chapters in Europe
- 7 chapters in Asia
- 3 chapters in Oceania
- 1 chapter in Africa
- 8 chapters in Canada
- 1 branch in Mexico
All in all, the BGS Society keeps hundreds of chapters, and has over 600,000 registered members from over 170 countries around the world.
Amongst the BGS members:
- John F. Smith, Jr., former General Motors Chairman and CEO
- Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
- Dieter Zetsche, the Chairman of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars
- Stephen G. Butler, former Chairman and CEO of KPMG, LLP
- Hugh L. McColl, former Chairman and CEO of Bank of America
- Chung Po-Yang, Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus of DHL International Ltd
Outstanding Recanati students and alumni who would like to join the club may do so by clicking here. The lifetime membership fee is 75$.