Sofaer International Case Competition
Israel - A global Center of Innovation & Entreprenurship
Israel is a global cluster of innovation and entrepreneurship. The country produces more startups per-capita than China, India, Canada, Japan and the UK and attracts twice as much venture-capital investment as the US and 30 times more than Europe. At the center of it all is Tel Aviv. Ranked Europe's 'main technology hub' by the Wall Street Journal, “The world’s 2nd best start-up ecosystem” by Startup Genome and “3rd Best City” by Lonely Planet, Tel Aviv is the heart of the 'Start-Up Nation' and home to Israel’s start-up community.
2017 SICC competition
The 13th SICC, will be held on May 2017.
Hosted by Tel Aviv University's School of Management (formally known as the Recanati Business School), the Sofaer International Case Competition (SICC) brings together 8 global teams from leading business schools worldwide to compete alongside one local team.
- Each team will consist of 4 members. All members must be current MBA students from the same business school.
- Each team will also be accompanied by a faculty member from their home university. This faculty member will sit on the judging panel for the 1st round of the competition.
- All teams will be hosted by the School of Management for a full week. Accommodation for the students (two students per room) and for the accompanying faculty member for the duration of the competition will be covered. Meals, transportation during the week, and a one‐day tour of Jerusalem are included.
- The competition lasts one week (Sunday to Wednesday). Participating teams receive the strategic case the day after arrival. The strategic case, designed specifically for the Competition by a professional team at Tel Aviv University's School of Management, focuses on a strategic challenge or dilemma facing an Israeli company operating in global markets. The company and the focus of the case will be kept confidential until the presentation of the case to the participating teams. The teams will have the next 3 days to analyze the case and develop their strategic solutions.
- The teams will analyze and present their solution to the case in two stages:
- Round 1: Teams will present their strategic solutions. The judges (a panel of judges comprised of faculty members from the participating universities) will choose 3 finalist teams to continue onto the final judging round.
- Round 2: The finalists will present their solutions to an audience of 200 students, academics, and professionals. Presentations will be judged by a panel of academics and managers of Israel’s leading companies and organizations.
The Sofaer International Case Competition provides participating global teams with full accommodations during the week of their stay. Accommodations include meals, transportation, networking activities and a one-day trip to Jerusalem. Flight costs are excluded.
- Application deadline: February 3, 2017
- Finalists notified: TBA
- SICC 2017: May 14 to 18, 2017
- SICC 2017 Finals: May 17, 2017