Dr. Noam Shamir
Coller School of Management
הפקולטה לניהול ע"ש קולר
סגל אקדמי בכיר
Noam Shamir is an Assistant Professor at Tel-Aviv University Coller School of Management. Prior to joining Tel-Aviv University, he was a visiting Faculty at Kellogg School of Management. Noam Shamir received his Bachelor's and Master’s degrees in computer Science and Decision Sciences from Tel-Aviv University, and his PhD from Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
His research focuses on issues in supply-chain management with a particular concentration on the effect of information and uncertainty on the behavior of firms in a supply-chain. Before his academic career he spent 6 years at the Israeli Defense Forces as an Officer in the Intelligence corps, and three years at Israel’s Prime Minister’s office as a product manager. He was also a product manager at Comverse, a leading global provider of telecom business solutions.
- Operations economics
- Supply-chain management
- Operations-marketing interface
- Operations strategy
- Shamir, N., and Shin, H, (2016). The Perils of Sharing Information in a Trade Association under a Strategic Wholesale Price. Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.
- Shamir, N. (2016) Cartel formation through strategic information leakage in a distribution channel. Marketing Science, forthcoming.
- Shamir, N. and H. Shin, (2016). Public forecast information sharing in a market with competing supply chains, Management Science, forthcoming.
- Chu, L. Y., N. Shamir, and H. Shin, (2016). Strategic communication for capacity alignment with pricing in a supply chain. Management Science, forthcoming.
- Shamir, J., and Shamir, N. (2015). Colluding under the radar: Achieving collusion through vertical exchange of information. Clev. St. L. Rev., 63, 621.
- Shamir, N. (2013). Asymmetric forecast information and the value of demand observation in repeated procurement. Decision Sciences, 44(6), 979-1020.
- Shamir, N., and Shamir, J. (2012). The Role of Prosecutor's Incentives in Creating Congestion in Criminal Courts. Review of Law & Economics, 8(3), 579-618.
- Shamir, N. (2012). Strategic information sharing between competing retailers in a supply chain with endogenous wholesale price. International Journal of Production Economics, 136(2), 352365.