Global Business Studies (GBS)
Are you dealing with business challenges and searching for high-quality research that can reliably help you formulate a go-to-market plan?
Are you able and willing to provide training for the next generation of Israeli leaders, teaching them to cope in a changing and dynamic environment?
The strategic global consulting course of the Coller School of Management has operated for over 30 years, and can give you an effective solution at a competitive price.
We help clients define the key strategic questions and work together to build the background research and on-the-ground research needed to create an effective and implementable strategic plan.
The project teams consist of outstanding MBA students from Tel Aviv University along with international students (as needed per project), with a knowledge and understanding of target markets. The results of each project include mapping out the market, analysis of the value chain, analysis of competitors and of trends. The recommendations will be presented upon completion of the project and provide a a solid foundation upon which to make management level decisions.
GBS Projects in Brief
- Timeline: November-December: Launch of the projects, January: Presentation of consulting proposal, February/May (depending on the project): End of project including discussion on strategic recommendations and delivering all the materials that were created throughout the course of the project to the client. In between these dates there will be major milestones where the students will present work to the client and decisions will be jointly made;
- Non-disclosure agreement: All of the students and staff working on a project are required to sign an NDA;
- The student team: Each project will be made up of a team of 4 Israeli students and an additional 4 international students (according to the project needs). The students are chosen according to their academic credentials and are required to pass a theoretical course on strategic consulting. Once complete, each student is interviewed to guarantee they are a good fit for GBS;
- Global work: The international projects are carried out together with partner universities in order to enable access to target markets for each project;
- Scope: The research work of each project includes in-depth interviews with relevant players such as competitors, suppliers and opinion leaders. A typical project includes 1,500-2,500 hours of work.
The staff team leading the program includes MBA professors from Israel and overseas, and experienced strategic consultants and other professionals. The Academic Director is Professor Gadi Ariav, the Founder of Specialized Business Consulting Studies for MBAs at the Coller School of Management, which specializes in information technologies and international leadership with an emphasis on China and India. Jackie Goren has been the Program Director since 2008 and is also a lecturer at the faculty, a board member of a number of public sector organizations and the Director of Social Investments at the IVN Investment Fun.
The Student Team
Our MBA students are selected once they have completed the core MBA courses and are in the second and third years of their MBA degree. The students are chosen based on their academic credentials and high motivation to be part of the program. The program provides students with the updated consulting tools and support needed to develop skills in project management and client consulting.