Application - Graduate

  • Who Can Apply?
  • Visa Information
  • Health Insurance

Visa Information


Students should secure a student visa before arriving to Israel.

A letter of acceptance will be produced by the Exchange Coordinator may be used to obtain a student visa.



All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they enter the country. In order to enter Israel as a student, you must have a passport that is valid for at least a year from your date of entry into the country. If you do not have a valid passport, apply for one immediately. If you hold an Israeli passport, you are required to present it upon arrival.


Student Visas

Students who do not hold an Israeli passport should consult with the Israeli embassy in their home country regarding visa and entry regulations.

All students should apply for a student visa (A-2) prior to their departure. The A-2 Student Visa is a multiple-entry visa valid for one year, allowing you to enter Israel an unlimited number of times for a period of one year without securing a new visa. Student visas are renewable after one year both in Israel and abroad. You must apply for an A-2 visa in person at your nearest Israeli consulate. Please note: It is illegal to study in Israel on a tourist visa.

You Will Require:

  • Valid passport
  • Passport-sized pictures
  • Acceptance letter to the program
  • Proof of sufficient funds (a bank statement is acceptable)
  • Scholarship statements, if relevant.
  • Fee of ~360 NIS

A student visa does not allow you to work in Israel.

Please note – some students will not be able to enter Israel without receiving a student visa ahead of time because they are not automatically granted tourist visas upon arrival in Israel.


Israeli Born & Returning Israeli Citizens

If you are a returning Israeli citizen or child of a parent with an Israeli citizenship, please contact the nearest Israeli Consulate in order to clarify your legal status in advance of entering the country. Israeli citizens or children of Israeli citizens should check their status regarding military service and might want to apply for exemption through their nearest Israeli Consulate before arrival in Israel.


The information above is for general information purposes only. Please contact the Israeli embassy or consulate in your home country for specific regulations for students from your country.


For issues regarding visas, please contact Avi Zarakhovsky 03-6409989 or


Tel Aviv University makes every effort to respect copyright. If you own copyright to the content contained
here and / or the use of such content is in your opinion infringing, Contact us as soon as possible >>